HUD Funding

The City of Winston-Salem serves as the Collaborative Applicant for the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Continuum of Care (CoC) and its member agencies.  In this capacity, the City applies for and administers Continuum of Care grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).  The City also applies for and administers Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program funds received from HUD and the State of North Carolina.

Continuum of Care Grant Program

Click to view the current and prior Continuum of Care grant competitions

Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program

Both City and State ESG funds are handled through the City’s Consolidated Application process.

Click to view the City’s application materials.

Click here to view the Recent ESG awards.

Customer Comments

If you have questions, comments or concerns about the homeless services you received we recommend that you fill out the CoC customer service input form.  Your response is confidential and will be sent directly to City representatives.

Click here to access the CoC customer service input form.


For any questions related to HUD funding, please contact

Mellin L. Parker

Senior Project Supervisor

City of Winston-Salem

(336) 734-1310 or

Tim West

Project Supervisor,

City of Winston-Salem,

(336) 734-1305 or